Marketing a new physician can be a daunting task, but with the right strategies and tools, it can be a success. Here are 6 tips and strategies for promoting a new physician and their medical practice:
- Offer same-day appointments: New providers may not have decades of experience, but they do have the latest medical training and their schedules are usually wide open. Patients often want to see a doctor as soon as possible, especially for urgent concerns. By offering same-day appointments, you can make it easy for patients to see the new physician and get the care they need. Promoting same-day, or next-day appointments is one of the most successful methods of filling a new provider’s schedule.Extra Mile: Make sure your appointment team or call center knows this and offers it to patients trying to get in as soon as possible.
- Use Facebook ads: Facebook is a powerful tool for reaching potential patients and promoting your new physician. By creating targeted ads, you can reach people to let them know about your new physician and what makes them special. (see #1 for the best type of ad)
- Have a great physician bio: A well-written and informative bio can help potential patients learn more about the new physician and their qualifications. Include information about their education, experience, and areas of expertise to give patients a sense of their background and expertise. Most importantly, try to build a bit of rapport. Don’t make it so corporate and boring that the only humanizing detail is “Dr. John lives in Washington, DC with his wife and two dogs.” (See 5 Must-Haves for Great Physician Bios)
- Use a professional headshot: A professional headshot can help patients put a face to the name of the new physician. This can help establish trust and personalize the patient-physician relationship. For under $200, you can find a local photographer that can take a professional headshot for your profile. Also – make sure you’re smiling.
- Create a Google Business Profile: A Google Business Profile allows your practice to be easily found by potential patients through search engines like Google. It also provides important information about your practice, such as location, hours of operation, and services offered. (See: What is Local Search and How to Optimize Your Google Business Profile)
- Manage your online reputation: Online reviews and ratings can have a big impact on potential patients’ decisions. Be sure to set up your review generation system as soon as possible. Once good reviews come in, you can start to use them in your bio (#3) and your outbound marketing (#2) and it will increase your visibility in local search (#5). It’s wise to also monitor and respond to any online reviews.
Need help with marketing a new physician? Let us know. We’re trusted by hundreds of providers.
Or, read more about how we might help.