How to increase rank on local search:
As a medical practice, it’s important to rank high in local search results. When potential patients search for healthcare providers in their area, you want to be at the top of the list. But with so much competition, how do you stand out and improve your ranking? Here are some tips for increasing your rank on local search results for medical practices:
(As a client, we do all of these items and more on your behalf)
- Claim your Google Business Profile: Google Business Profile (formerly Google My Business) is a free tool that allows you to manage your practice’s information on Google, including your address, phone number, and hours of operation. It also allows patients to leave reviews and ratings, which can improve your ranking in search results. Make sure to claim your listing and keep it up to date.
- Optimize your website for local keywords: Choose a few local keywords that are relevant to your practice and include them on your website. This could be your city or region, or specific services you offer. Make sure to include these keywords in your title tags, meta descriptions, and throughout the content on your website.
- Build local citations: Local citations are mentions of your practice’s name, address, and phone number on other websites. These can be directory listings and industry-specific websites (e.g. Healthgrades, WebMD). The more local citations you have, the more credible your practice appears to search engines, which can improve your ranking.
- Encourage patient reviews: Patient reviews and ratings can have a big impact on your local search ranking. Encourage your patients to leave reviews on your Google Business Profile. New evidence has shown that having 10 reviews or more can help boost your ranking in local search results. Also, make sure to reply to any negative reviews and address any issues in a professional and timely manner. (see Reputation Management)
- Optimize your website for mobile: More and more people are using their phones to search for healthcare providers online. Make sure your website is mobile-friendly and loads quickly on mobile devices. This will not only improve the user experience for your potential patients, but it will also help your ranking in local search results.
- Use structured data: Structured data is code that you can add to your website to help search engines understand the content on your page. For medical practices, this could include information about your practice, your doctors, and the services you offer. By adding structured data to your website, you can give search engines more information about your practice, which can improve your ranking in local search results.
- Use local schema: Local schema is a type of structured data that specifically helps search engines understand the location of your practice. By adding local schema to your website, you can help search engines understand that your practice is located in a specific city or region, which can improve your ranking in local search results.
By following these tips, you can increase your rank on local search results and attract more patients to your medical practice. Local SEO can be a powerful tool for healthcare providers, so don’t neglect it in your marketing strategy.