Being visible to potential patients in your local area is critical for medical practices. But with so much competition, how do you stand out and attract new patients? These 8 medical practice marketing tips will help you boost your visibility and grow your practice:
- Claim your Google Business Profile: By claiming your Google Business Profile, you can manage your practice’s information on Google, including your address, phone number, and hours of operation. This makes it easier for potential patients to find you online and can improve your ranking in local search results. It’s also, arguably, the most important marketing item on this list – EVEN more important than your website.
- Have a Patient-Friendly Website: The user experience on a medical practice website is extremely important. Patients visiting your website are often seeking information about your services, staff, and location, and they want to find it quickly and easily. A website with a confusing layout, slow loading times, or hard-to-find information will frustrate visitors and may even drive them away. On the other hand, a website with a clear layout, fast loading times, and easy-to-find information will make it easy for patients to find what they need and make them more likely to schedule an appointment. Investing in a user-friendly website can help improve the overall patient experience and ultimately lead to more patients for your practice.
- Optimize your website for local keywords: Choose a few local keywords that are relevant to your practice and include them on your website. This could be your city or region, or specific services you offer. By optimizing your website for local keywords, you can improve your visibility in search results for those keywords. If you’re a plastic surgeon in Chicago, you should definitely be using “Chicago Plastic Surgeon” in your website SEO strategy and Local SEO strategy. (Read about the difference between Website and Local SEO)
- Build local citations: Local citations are mentions of your practice’s name, address, and phone number on other websites. These can be directory listings or industry-specific websites like Healthgrades or WebMD. The more local citations you have, the more credible your practice appears to search engines, which can improve your ranking in local search results.
- Encourage patient reviews: Patient reviews and ratings can have a big impact on your local search ranking. Encourage your satisfied patients to leave reviews on your Google Business Profile, as well as other review sites like Facebook and Healthgrades. Positive reviews can help attract new patients and build trust with your existing ones.
- Use social media: Social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter can be a great way to reach a large and diverse audience. By creating a social media presence for your practice and posting regular updates, you can share information about your services and engage with your patients.
- Advertise on social media: In addition to using social media for organic reach, you can also use paid advertising to reach a targeted audience. Facebook, in particular, offers a powerful advertising platform that allows you to target specific demographics and interests.
- Optimize your website for mobile: More and more people are using their phones to search for healthcare providers online. Make sure your website is mobile-friendly and loads quickly on mobile devices. This will not only improve the user experience for your potential patients, but it will also help your ranking in local search results.
By following these medical practice marketing tips, you can improve your visibility and attract better patients to your practice. Don’t underestimate the power of marketing – it can make a big difference in the success of your practice.
Need help with medical practice marketing? Let us know. We’re trusted by hundreds of doctors.