This policy was last modified on November 7th, 2022.
1. Collection of Data
We collect data from you in several different ways on the Site, including personal data and data about your use of the Site which does not identify you personally. Personal data means information, or a combination of information, that can reasonably be used to identify you personally (such as your name, phone number, address, and email address).
We collect personal data that you voluntarily provide to us.
We collect personal data that you voluntarily provide to us (such as when you submit an inquiry), including name, email address, and any other data you choose to provide.
We automatically collect data about your use of the Site.
When you access and use the Site, our technology and tools may automatically collect and record certain data about your use of and interaction with the Site that does not identify you personally (such as your IP address, browser type, the make and model of the device used to view the Site, unique device identifiers, the referring webpage, pages visited, and search terms).
We also use various tracking technologies (such as pixel tags) to collect data about your use of and access to the Site. Pixel tags are electronic images that generate a generic notice of a visit to the Site and are used in conjunction with cookies to anonymously track the activity on the Site by a particular browser.
Third parties may also automatically collect data about you.
2. Use of Collected Data
We use the data we collect to assist in the administration and operation of the Site and to provide you an efficient, meaningful, and customized experience.
We may use data to:
- Fulfill our obligations with respect to the reason you voluntarily provided the data (such as responding to an inquiry);
- Allow you to participate in certain features of the Site;
- Improve the Site or our products, events, and services and for other business or commercial purposes;
- Optimize your experience on the Site (such as troubleshooting technical programs or storing your preferences);
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the data was collected; and
- Carry out any other purpose with your consent or as permitted by law.
Additionally, we may use data for marketing purposes to:
- Provide you with additional information regarding products, events, and services from Independence Digital via email or through advertising on various social media platforms or websites (both desktop and mobile) that you may visit; and
- Develop, improve, and target our promotional messaging to you and others via retargeting, online behavioral advertising, and use of social media platform tools for advertising (such as creation of Facebook Lookalike Audiences).
3. Third-Party Websites
4. Sharing of Collected Data
We may share the data we collect as follows:
- With our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership;
- With our service providers that perform services for us (such as e-mail and mobile marketing, analytics, and web hosting);
- With government or law enforcement officials or private parties (including our legal or other professional advisors) as we determine, in our sole and absolute discretion, is necessary or appropriate to respond to claims or to comply with legal processes, laws, regulations, or ordinances, or to prevent or stop illegal, unethical, or actionable activity;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or substantially all of our business or assets; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
5. Transfer of Collected Data
6. Data Security
We use commercially reasonable technical and organizational measures to help secure and safeguard your data in our possession. However, no data transmission over the Internet is completely secure and no security mechanism is impenetrable. Therefore, although we take steps to protect your data, we cannot guarantee the security of the data that we collect from you or the security of our servers or the Site. By accessing the Site, any transmission of data is at your own risk and you agree to assume all risk in connection with data sent to us or collected by us.
7. Data Retention
We retain data only as long as necessary in light of the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected. Please note that we may retain your data for longer periods of time as necessary to comply with our legal obligations or respond to governmental authorities.
10. Your Data Preferences
Cookies, Pixel Tags, and Other Similar Tracking Technologies
You may remove or reject cookies by adjusting settings on your browser, and thus opt-out of certain features of the Site and the Site’s automatic collection of certain data. These tracking technology opt-out tools are device and browser specific so you must repeat the opt-out from each of your devices and browsers. Please note that removing or rejecting cookies could affect the functionality of the Site.
You may also remove certain tracking technologies and opt-out of online behavioral advertising messaging by using the opt-out tools available from the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA Opt-Out Tool) and the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI Opt-Out Tools).
You may adjust your advertising preferences on various social media websites by adjusting your Settings on the particular platform. For example, you may adjust the types of Facebook ads you receive on Facebook and the types of Google ads you receive on Google.
11. Contact Us